조회 151회 작성일 22-11-03 16:44
2) 논문명 : Effect of natural antioxidants on the aggregation and disaggregation of beta-amyloid
(1) 목적 : To examine the relationship between higher antioxidant activity and aggregation or disaggregation of beta-amyloid (Aβ) for 21 plants.
(2) 대상 및 방법 : Twenty-nine natural plant extracts and their antioxidant activities were analyzed using DPPH assay. The aggregation and disaggregation of Aβ were analyzed using Thioflavin-T assay.
(3) 결과 : Eleven plant extracts exhibited high antioxidant activities with the half-maximal inhibitory concentration (IC50) values < 20.0 μg/mL.
Furthermore, the plant extracts efficiently inhibited Aβ aggregation with a mean IC50 value of 17.0 μg/mL. However, four plant extracts exhibiting low antioxidant activities (IC50 > 80.0 μg/mL)
inhibited Aβ aggregation less efficiently with a mean IC50 value of 75.7 μg/mL. Furthermore, plant extracts with high antioxidant activities were not invariably efficient for
disaggregating pre-formed Aβ aggregates.
(4) 결론 : High antioxidant activities were positively correlated with the inhibition of Aβ aggregation, although not with the disaggregation of pre-formed Aβ aggregates. Nevertheless, potent antioxidants
may be helpful in treating Alzheimer’s disease.
13회 다운로드 | DATE : 2022-11-03 16:44:49